Thursday, August 20, 2009

Because I Still Feel Anger...

Over someone I haven't talked to in forever. It's like that one person who haunts you. Like a breakup that doesn't go right or as intense. It was a slow decline and just ended. You don't get to say everything, and you never do. You obsess over it and feel competitive. Maybe you know who's I'm talking about?


I'm not sure why I bother
I know we're over
It isn't even to check in
See how you're doing
You caused me so much pain
But it doesn't hurt to think
I read up on you all the time
I continually ask why, why, why
But maybe I should
Be asking you the same thing
I know you do the same thing
What are you hoping to see?
We're both trying to prove
We're better off apart
Who'll be the winner
Wait and see
Who's better off?
You know it's me

This is the first time I get to talk about it. I'm avoiding work. Oh well. But this poem I actually thought about and really pondered. It's not even a relationship, it's a friendship. Maybe they'll see this, and we'll be back where we are. Haha, oh well.

1 comment: