Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm Not Gonna Write You A Long Song...

You all know that song. Sara Bareilles. Big hit. I remember when my dad downloaded me the cd, and I heard it. This was before her single was even out. And I thought to myself, yep, this is gonna be a hit when it comes out. I loved it. And sure enough, it came out, and everyone went apeshit on it. At first I thought the song was about a girl having a struggling relationship with a boy, and he knew she was a singer, so he wanted a love song to keep the relationship fresh. I don't even know where I got that, really. But it was really about the record label wanting Sara to write a pretty love song to put out, and she didn't want to. So maybe you can guess what this poem is actually about...

I hear it all before
You shouldn't be
Not supposed to
Status quo, I see
I know it's wrong
But when I'm there
I'm happy
Pressure is my maiden name
Why stop this is I love it?
Doesn't that matter?
No, no, no, it never does, does it?
I should be me
Not what you say
I know it's all wrong
I'm not the right girl for this
But you can't deny a happy feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment